in Bonn or any Ardagh location
The Data Engineer is ultimately accountable for preparing and manipulating data for further analysis, including ETL and will support testing across the development lifecycle. The Data Engineer is responsible for extracting and transforming data from source systems, understanding how to integrate or join different sources to create a dataset that can be used for reporting, analysis and analytics. Overall the Data Engineer will strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. Role will also be involved in testing activities with the assistance from a Business Analyst and Data Architect/Modeler.
- Prepares, transforms, models data and resolves conflicting sources of data and anomalies
- Supports the delivery of BI and analytical products to business users via participating in Agile development pod activities including Agile ceremonies
- Implement methods to improve data reliability and quality
- Combines raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats
- Develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modelling
- Responsible for technical testing services across the entire delivery lifecycle including: system integration testing, performance engineering and unit testing. Cooperate with the Business Analyst, Data Architect and Data Visualization Developer throughout these testing activities.
- Work with the Group IT team to adhere to architecture guidelines and provide valuable input to develop them
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, or similar field; a Master's is a plus
- Extensive experience of designing, developing and testing ETL processes
- Experience of batch and real-time processing
- Experience in extracting value and features from large scale data and toolsets
- Modern code development practices
- Extensive experience working with SAP ERP and BW/4HANA (Frontend and Backend)
- Experience of relational and NoSQL data modeling approaches
- Experience of at least one packaged ETL tool
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Extensive hands-on experience with BW Data modeling and SQL database design
- Data engineering certification (e.g. MS Azure Data Engineer or SAP Data Architects) is a plus
- Working proficiency in English and any other European languages are a plus
About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands.
We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation.
We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact whilst remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people.
If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Click here for more information about our careers or click here for more information about Ardagh Group.