Beiersdorf is known for its leading international skin care brands, including NIVEA, Eucerin, Labello, 8x4 and Hansaplast/Elastoplast. To maintain our growth we offer broad responsibilities and challenging tasks, enabling our people to raise the bar in all fields of our business - every day right from the start.
The world becomes our lab. For the first time in science IoT, smart homes, wearables, integrated sensors and cloud architectures allows us to do comprehensive research outside of labs. Help us to identify unknown impact factors and correlations to improve the life of our consumers. At the Applied Biophysics Department, our aspiration is to provide relevant and superior technological solutions to measure and to improve the skin.
What you will do
- You will be part of a multi professional team of researchers, data scientists, data engineers and biologists in a multinational project gathering data from real-life
- You ideate, plan, evaluate and comprehensively steer scientific approaches for new skin parameter, collaborating internally with respective sub-teams and beyond with international experts for artificial intelligence and IoT in startup and academia
- You select, develop and apply appropriate statistical methods, machine learning, and computing methods and help us to establish our vision of a completely new ecosystem of skin measurements, lifestyle tracking and environmental data
- You conduct ad-hoc study analysis and present your results to an audience of experts and non-experts of IT/IoT
- You share your knowledge and enthusiasm, inspiring other scientists and key decision makers
- Excellent degree in computer science, informatics, applied mathematics, physics or a related natural science discipline
- Scientific creativity and enthusiasm proven in several projects/tasks
- Very good mathematical and/or physical expert knowledge in theory and practice
- Excellent experience in coding languages such as Python/R and AI/ML frameworks such as Tensorflow and PyTorch and a good understanding of algorithms and their interpretation for openly discussing their usability and limitations
- Some experience in the development of Internet-of-Things (IoT) systems and cloud computing architecture would be advantageous
- Ready for a global career in an international company
You are welcome to apply without a cover letter. If you would like to attach a cover letter, please upload it with your resume. We look forward to receiving your application including a compelling curriculum vitae with relevant references and certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact our recruiter Regine Siebe on Tuesdays between 9 and 10 am via the telephone number: +49 40 4909 4956.