Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Reporting to the Data Engineering Lead, Environment, Health, Safety and Security Systems and Tools, this position works with EHS&S data engineering team to support the Global EHS&S program as we transform our EHS&S systems supporting Tesla’s scalability goals. A successful candidate will have proven communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to juggle competing priorities while delivering results. This individual will work closely with members of the Global Operations, EHS, IT Applications and Business Intelligence teams to build, enhance and support EHS&S-related systems, databases and business intelligence tools.
Data is deeply embedded in the culture at Tesla. We rely on data - lots of it - to improve our products, to optimize results, and to proactively detect opportunities for advancement. As an EHS&S Associate Data Engineer, you will be part of the team that solves issues that affect Tesla's impact on the Environment and employee Health, Safety and Security by using data and reporting metrics to identify potential problems in the field, investigate discrepancies, and initiate repair actions when needed. An ideal candidate is knowledgeable at data analytics, data visualization, reporting, and data processing concepts and is naturally motivated to seek out and fix problems in a methodical way.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support development and maintenance of key EHS metrics leveraging scalable data collection, analysis, and publishing methods
- Co-design and build data quality assurance processes and methods for EHSS
- Ensure safe and secure data handling by partnering with key data protection, privacy, and information security leaders.
- Support business planning and decision making for senior leadership by using data and business insights to optimize access to metrics and data
- Support data analysis for current processes to identify process improvement opportunities
- Capable of proposing key recommendations to influence business leaders through strong reporting and analytics, presentation skills, and verbal and written communication.
- Collaborate and build partnerships with stakeholders, end users, education & training, and IT Applications teams to ensure seamless integration and adoption of EHS systems and processes.
- Assist, as necessary, with document requests from regulatory agencies.
Skill and Experience:
- 1- 3 years of data engineering, analytics, and data management experience. Exceptional analytical skills with regards to systems analysis, data manipulation, and the ability to create information from data.
- Proven knowledge in environmental, health, safety, and security
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering.
- Domain knowledge and hands-on experience in EHS&S standards and operations
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts and strategies to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledgeable in MS SQL/MySQL, APIs, Non-relational databases, creating data pipelines, CI/CD, Data Operations, and Modern Data Warehousing
- Knowledgeable in data visualization programs such as Tableau or Power BI
- Knowledgeable in programming languages such as Python and/or R
- Knowledge in machine learning is a plus
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (Office, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Visio)
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing tasks based on demand despite changes in work scope or focus.
- Open-minded, collaborative, and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Able to effectively engage and influence key stakeholders and peers
- Capacity to work independently and simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under deadline pressure
- Able to write and speak in German and English.
What we offer:
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you'll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla's compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonuses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation, and commuting support.