BI Consultant - Business Intelligence Competence Center (m/f/d) *
in the Reinsurance Controlling Division
Munich , Germany
In the Reinsurance Controlling (RIC) Division, the responsibilities of controlling and management reporting are bundled together to ensure a uniform controlling process. RIC advises the Reinsurance Committee (RVA), RI-CEO and the RI-CFO in respect of the current economics of the Reinsurance Segment and proper allocation of resources. In parallel to the Reinsurance Controlling mission, RIC is enabling the global provision of structured internal Reinsurance Data as the Global Process Owner for Reporting.
The Business Intelligence Competence Center (BICC) is responsible for a global reporting process of Munich Re that inspires top management and global process owners with perfect reporting. This reporting is efficient, excellent in the eyes of its customers, and error-free. Our mission is to facilitate quality-assured reporting out of a single point of truth.
To complement our BICC team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual. You will develop and grow in a modern and agile state-of-the-art working mode, dealing with the very meaningful future asset of structured global reinsurance data with a focus on cost controlling business reporting. The position is key to making Business Intelligence within Munich RE a success.
- Representing the BICC as the face to the customer for state of the art BI approaches on a global basis
- Being an expert at eye level with our clients to deliver consistent answers for reinsurance data related questions without ending the “Single Point of Truth” for reinsurance data
- Satisfying and inspiring our clients by compiling excellent BI solutions on fulfillment of reinsurance reporting requirements in close collaboration with your BICC team
- Supporting key users and business users with regard to data warehouse and reporting solutions to support and improve data analysis interpretation
- Contribute by reintegrating historically decentralized or redundant reporting solutions within the international organization of Munich RE
- Anchoring the guideline/reporting notation compliance MR GBCS on a global basis.
- Continuously improving and implementing our BI reporting strategy concept to fulfill the Reporting Process Owner vision of the future
- Promoting our slogan “Act as One” by sharing your BI knowledge within the BICC to create a trustful and multidisciplinary skilled team to excel Business Intelligence for our clients
- Be a part of the BICC Governance Framework and support the Production Manager and Head of BICC to follow and permanently improve the Framework
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business informatics, information systems, or math, or equivalent qualification
- More than 5 years of experience working with modern data warehousing on functional and technical basis (data model, characteristics/dimensions/attributes, key figures, query design)
- More than 5 years of experience with design and implementation (functional and technical) of new data visualization concepts to generate new global business intelligence approaches
- 3-5 years of experience developing or consulting on technologies for data warehousing with SAP BW, SAP BO and SAP HANA native
- Overview of existing BICC reports, underlying queries and their particularities and features, ideally within the (re)insurance business is a strong asset
- Ability to design new reporting approaches on the basis of the holistic warehouse data model and reporting standards and notations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with strong commitment to ensure cooperation with clients and team members
- Ability to inspire people on all hierarchy levels with a convincing attitude and fitting argumentations
- Strong skills regarding conflict resolutions on all hierarchy levels with a high-level analytical and conceptual skill
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel. Together we embrace a culture where multi-skilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation. sounds like you? Make it happen and be part of Munich Re.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modeled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
- You will grow with your clients: whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions
- Join us, and experience that we lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Munich Reinsurance Company
Human Resources Königstraße
Apply now! Apply for this job!