Lamp World is the leading online player for lighting in Europe. Ever since Lamp World was founded in 1999, the fascination for light has driven our ambition to provide an inspiring and personal shopping experience to millions of customers. With over 50,000 different products and 5 own brands, we not only offer the largest online selection but also an award winning customer service.
More than 500 employees from 30+ nations are working successfully along the entire value chain: from best-in-class customer service, excellence in assortment, high fulfillment competence, outstanding marketing & creation skills and professional B2B solutions to our innovative tech, ecommerce and data assets.
Where your expertise is needed
- Development and maintenance of the data infrastructure in our company (PostgreSQL, Python, Github: Mara, AWS QuickSight)
- Extension of the data warehouse to cover further use cases in close cooperation with a team of BI analysts
- Responsibility for connecting data to the data warehouse from various sources, such as databases and APIs
- Assisting analysts in providing and analyzing the data
What will help you to master future challenges
- Computer science background or experience in a quantitative area with proven programming experience
- Hands-on experience in Python and Unix
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Basic knowledge of software engineering, version control systems, databases, HTTP, APIs and current web technologies
- Analytical, independent and solution-oriented way of working
- Fluent knowledge of German or English
Lamp world is the right place to work for you if change makes you thrive, not wither and if you like to challenge yourself day by day to find the best solution. Here you are given responsibility to not only contribute your ideas but also implement them yourself. At world of lamps, we push the limits further every day, act fast, open minded, and embrace a direct and solution-oriented communication on all levels.
Always wanted to work in an inspiring environment where your ideas have a direct impact? Then Lamp World is the right choice. We enable a high degree of autonomy where you can explore plenty of professional and personal growth opportunities while being surrounded by an aspiring team and bright minds.
What's in it for you?
- Stable and secure workplace in a profitable scale-up
- Flexible work opportunities from home or in any of our modern offices in Berlin, Fulda, Dortmund or Düsseldorf
- Various employee perks including free fruits and drinks, team or after work events as well as digital networking opportunities
- Subsidy for your sports activities like gym or JobRad
- Attractive employee discounts on our entire product range
- Many learning and development options within and outside our organization
Our tech stack
- PHP7, Magento 1, Magento 2
- AWS, Terraform, IaC, Cloudflare, Docker, Kubernetes
- MySQL, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB Atlas, AWS S3
- Gitlab, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.), Selenium
- Logz.io, CheckMK, Icinga2, Grafana, CloudWatch, DataDog
- AWS SQS, NATS.io