The LexisNexis Intellectual Property (IP) (https://www.lexisnexisip.com) division provides international patent content and a suite of on-line and analytical tools to meet the needs of the intellectual property market. We enhance and deliver data for the LexisNexis IP search and analytics applications, which provide our customers with insights and metrics supporting their business decisions.
Our corporate culture is driven by a commitment to excellence, innovation, and a strong dedication to our customers, employees and communities. You will be collaborating with stakeholders from different cultures and roles. It is a fun place to work with a vibrant and diverse team, giving you the freedom to grow and actively contribute.
We are looking to hire a Junior Data Engineer to join our growing team based in the Bonn region.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required.
- You will develop a deep understanding of patents and integrate and cross-connect them with a wide array of scientific, firmographic and legal data to create new insights for our customers
- In your role as data engineer you will play a crucial role in developing our new data infrastructure based on your extensive technical knowledge in the field.
- You take ownership of the data quality and performance and work continuously to improve them.
- Had first experiences in data engineering and would like to continue along that path
- Enjoy working in a global team developing creative solutions
- 1+ years of experience with Python or a similar modern scripting language
- 1+ years of experience working with Spark - experience with PySpark and DataBricks is beneficial
- Basic proficiency with data manipulation language (in particular SQL)
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies
- Self-driven, outstanding initiative and creative ideas.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age , marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our