Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision collects massive amounts of data to help public relations teams better manage their brands. In this role, you’ll be helping to build the next version of our big data insights platform. You will help to develop, monitor, and maintain our Big Data system, ETL processes, reporting applications, and data warehouse. The role would be responsible for planning, connecting, designing, scheduling, and deploying big data, Semantic layer, and data warehouse systems. This is a large investment area at Cision and is critical for driving future value. You’ll be working in a team using the latest technologies and you will be critical in helping us continue modernizing our tech stack for the future.
We have a diverse organization with engineers across the globe. We are passionate about solving challenging and interesting problems with a scalable architecture delivering high performance over large data sets with low latency and high availability.
If this excites you, we’d love to have you be part of what we are creating.
- Build highly scalable, high volume data processing pipelines
- Lead and mentor other team members to deliver solid and scalable functionality
- Drive architecture decisions and tool recommendation
- Write clean, self-testing, well-documented code
- Communicate with engineering leadership and collaborate across teams to design new systems and functionality
- Monitor the data systems performance and integrity provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required
- Store data efficiently in a matching storage engine
- Develop data architecture, data modeling, and ETFL mapping solutions within a structured data warehouse environment
- Develop reporting applications and data warehouse consistency
- Facilitate requirements gathering using expert listening skills and develop unique simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of business customers
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Programming, or similar field.
- 10+ years of work experience as a data engineer or working within data systems
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Scala, Php)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Experience with distributed big data technologies like Hadoop, Apache Spark
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Strong understanding of foundational engineering concepts, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with ETL technologies (SSIS), Data warehouse (MSSQL), MOLAP Cubes (SSAS), Tabular (SSAS), PowerBI, Excel
- Knowledge of cloud development (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Fluent in English
- Design and build analysis service ex: OLAP cubes, Tabular, etc
- Experience with Microservice architecture, Spring Boot, Java, SCDF, SCS, SCT, Or Similar technologies
- Professional experience with high-throughput data ingestion queuing/streaming (Rabbit, Kafka, etc.)
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins or similar build automation systems.
- Familiar with Elasticsearch, NoSQL databases, and one or more relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Working closely with developers/product management in a SCRUM or AGILE environment
- Flexible working hours with remote option (depending on your location)
- Capital Forming Benefits and Company Pension Plan
- Childcare Compensation
- Subsidy for Public Transport
- Discount on various Sportclub's in Germany with our partner Qualitrain
- Join our new and modern Office in Frankfurt in Gateway Gardens
- An open and informal working environment defined by high levels of personal responsibility and follow-through, and excellent career development possibilities
This sounds like you?
We are looking forward to your Application!
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.