Pacesetting. Passionate. Together. HELLA, one of the leading automotive suppliers worldwide, has shaped the industry with innovative lighting systems and vehicle electronics. In addition, the company is one of the most important partners of the aftermarket and independent workshops. What motivates us: Shaping the mobility of tomorrow and fostering the central market trends such as autonomous driving, efficiency and electrification, connectivity and digitization as well as individualization. Every day, 36,000 employees worldwide are committed to this with passion, know-how and innovative strength.
ABOUT HELLA AGLAIA
At HELLA Aglaia, we are passionate about software. In addition to building and marketing our own portfolio, we coordinate the software activities across the HELLA Group through the newly founded Global Software House.
This opening is an exciting opportunity to join us as we develop new, digitalized business models together with software experts around the world. We are looking for ambitious individuals with a collaborative spirit. You’ll be part of an agile and diverse team that provides room to grow for everyone – both personally and professionally.
Be part of a team that designs and implements a new machine learning platform for the Industry 4.0 from the ground up with little legacy or technical debt. As a DevOps Engineer you will work in close collaboration with our ML Engineers to create a scalable system for on premise and cloud deployment. Doing so you will specify and maintain the compute cluster together with IT. Additionally, you will be responsible for regular deployment of feature releases and their stable runtime. Based on your work machine learning models will actually generate added value.
THIS IS WAITING FOR YOU
- You are responsible for the setup, update and run of our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline.
- You design and implement cloud ready architecture with a focus on scalability, testability and security together with our development team.
- You will work on sizing and specifying infrastructure for on premise and cloud applications.
- You will have operational responsibility for the development and deployment clusters.
- You collaborate closely with our machine learning team and project managers.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or similar field
- Professional experience in software development, specifically in the field of engineering large scale applications and services (both on premise and on cloud environment)
- Proficient in Python, shell scripting (sh, bash, zsh), git, experience with Nix and/or NixOS is a plus
- Experienced in Linux servers and networking as well as with containerized deployment (Docker & Kubernetes) in large scale production environments
- Experienced with CI/CD and DevOps (working with Atlassian or Gitlab toolchain)
- Excellent communication skills in German and English as well as an independent and team focused style of work
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of our team: Flat hierarchies, an open feedback culture and plenty of room for innovative ideas and design options motivate you to take responsibility and organize yourself.
- Be part of our spirit: Colleagues who are experts in their field and do their job will support you in word and deed. Joint team events as well as summer and Christmas celebrations strengthen cohesion and form a powerful whole.
- Be part of our direction: You will be perfectly familiarized with your new tasks and receive all necessary product training and individual training. We will train you individually according to your skills and knowledge to promote your personal and professional development (including access to the online training platform Coursera).
- Be part of our balanced work-life: Look forward to flexible and mobile working. We send you on vacation for 30 days and even pay you for it. If necessary, you will be given special leave and our Eldercare program will support you in caring for family members.
- Be part of our healthy habits: Various sports activities, participation in various company sports events, coffee, tea and water flat rate as well as fruit and vegetables twice a week keep you fit.
- Be part of our neighbourhood: We convince with a modern workplace and a top location at Tempelhofer Hafen with very good public transport connections and countless dining options.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.