The mission of elevait GmbH & Co. KG (elevait) is to empower enterprises to unlock the potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for their business. Our unique approach is providing AI technology in an easy-to-integrate and easy-to-use software product - and that leads to swift business values for our customers. To achieve this, we bring together state-of-the-art machine learning approaches, powerful semantic web concepts, as well as modern software engineering and DevOps technologies in our user-friendly products.
Our organization is value-driven, whereas the following values are important:
- Unity: We are only strong as a team.
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy, and act in good faith.
- Diversity: We value and promote our diversity with regard to characteristics such as race, age, gender, ethnicity, culture, levels of education, economic status, religion, and sexual orientation. We reject all discriminatory behaviors toward any individual or group.
- Empathy: We care about all of our stakeholders and see and understand them as a whole.
- Safe and open environment: We create and maintain an open environment where all feel safe to communicate their thoughts, feelings, and concerns. We encourage the expression of many different viewpoints and reject one-dimensional thinking.
- Responsibility: We are accountable, thus, act responsibly for our own and collective actions and results
To continue our endeavor, we are always looking for talents to join our diverse developer team in Dresden! Among others, we are currently looking for a Data Flow Engineer that is eager to contribute to pushing our products even further:
Tasks & Responsibilities
You join our IO team that is building and managing various data flows of our software products which are processing all data sent by our customers. By taking on responsibility and contributing your own ideas, you will bring our products to the next level. This includes:
- Conception, development, and maintenance of high-volume parallel data streams with modern and scalable technologies, mainly Apache NiFi
- Improve automated versioning, testing, and rolling out data flows from one to tenths of customers in collaboration with the DevOps team.
- Integrate new and maintain existing integration of machine learning services developed by other teams.
- Writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code by following best practices.
- Assurance of quality with the help of reviews and technical documentation.
- Passion to develop testable and maintainable software.
- Experience in agile software development.
- Good knowledge of Java.
- Basic knowledge of distributed stream processing, parallel/asynchronous programming, and Git Version Control
- Knowledge of Apache Nifi, MongoDB, Docker, and Kubernetes is beneficial.
- Initiative, curiosity, interest in new technological challenges, motivation and team spirit as well as enjoyment in dealing with complex topics.
- Good English skills, verbal as well as written. German language skills are not essential, but you’ll find them very useful.
- Right now, we could not support the re-location and VISA process from abroad in the EU.
And this is why you'll love this job
- You will be part of a dynamic, highly motivated, and skilled team.
- You will work with people who love their work and like coming to the office every day (if permitted).
- You will have the chance to work with and around state-of-the-art technologies to build cutting-edge products.
- You will be part of a modern agile development environment. Everyone has a voice!
- This also means a flat hierarchy, a casual and friendly atmosphere, and lots of fun.
- You will have flexible working hours and a comparable salary.
- You will get the chance to work with a truly diverse and international team - we count over 13 different nationalities.
- Last but not least: You will be able to enjoy the usual cool stuff such as free drinks, and coffee - we mean proper coffee! - team events, and so on