Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Link seeks a mid to senior Python Data Engineer that will participate in all aspects of architecting and developing new and innovative data pipelines and data handling. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and new product development in an established company that is rapidly growing. This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking to expand their well-established career, who is excited about search, solving complex problems, ownership, and who enjoys working with technologies like Python, ElasticSearch, and AWS.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in architecting and extending our data pipelines to accommodate the rising data amounts
- Collect data e.g., publications from doctors, meant for our production systems from several internal sources into a stable data set
- Make the data consumable for other teams using the right databases (e.g., ElasticSearch or Postgres) and APIs
- 5+ years of working as a software or data engineer
- Very good Python knowledge with one widely used framework like Django, FastAPI, or Flask
- Very good knowledge of one widely used RDS like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, or Oracle
- Good ElasticSearch and Git knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
Nice to Have
- Knowledge in data streaming, AWS, REST APIs and GraphQL
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams