The Pricing Intelligence Team within the Pricing & Yield department (P&Y) is looking for a motivated and driven BI Engineer (m/f/d) who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
Who We Are
The Pricing & Yield department (P&Y) is responsible for the revenue optimization of the full network. In particular, our department aims to define the best possible pricing strategy to maximize our revenue given current and historic demand patterns, competitor actions, and our current and historic supply.
The Pricing Intelligence team owns the P&Y department’s analytical products: from data pipelines, reports, and ad-hoc analyses to tools and applications. We support the department and the whole company in taking data-driven business decisions by translating big data into actionable insights and building automated solutions. Our long-term goal is to enhance our Revenue Management System with integrated solutions (reports, tools, UIs) that would replace our current product portfolio. To this end, our team is looking for someone with both reporting and engineering knowledge to drive our offer to the next level.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
As a BI Engineer you will work on a wide range of interesting tasks to actively support the business teams in the revenue optimization process.
This is a highly visible role that requires rigor, self-organization, autonomy, hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial spirit, and will give you the opportunity to develop many transversal skills (engineering, visualization, analytical, commercial, project and stakeholder management, amongst others).
- Build and maintain ETL pipelines
- Construct and support deployment pipelines using different workflow orchestration tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, etc.)
- Test and validate pipelines and data
- Develop documentation for pipelines, products, and processes
- Build and optimize Power BI reports following DAX and data modeling best practices
- Create visualizations using Python or R
- Shape and drive improvements in our Revenue Management System, by designing integrated solutions and developing UIs using Power BI and Dash (Python)
- Place the users first, by collecting requirements, focusing on their feedback, and constantly optimizing the usability of our products
- Interact regularly with different types of stakeholders from our and other departments
Our tech stack:
- SQL Server
- Power BI
- Jenkins and GitLab CI/CD
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- You have 1+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer, or equivalent
- You have a master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or similar
- You are proficient in Snowflake/SQL and Python and have solid experience writing data pipelines using Python
- You have good experience in data modeling, DAX and visualization using Power BI (or any other similar tool)
- You feel comfortable using Git
- You have a basic understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- You are fluent in English
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- You have 1+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or equivalent
- You are fluent in workflow orchestration using Apache Airflow, Luigi, or similar
- You feel comfortable using GitLab CI/CD
- You have solid experience in creating visualizations and developing reactive apps using Dash (Python)
- You have experience using Kubernetes and Docker
- You have experience with analytics engineering tools such as DBT or similar
- You are familiar with Kafka
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule, and balance work between the office and home as it’s best for you. We give you trust-based hours and a flexible smart working policy.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.