Let's Talk About You!
"Let's make tomorrow different today" is our genuine dedication to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
A snapshot of your day
Our Business Intelligence Developer will develop, deploy, and maintain various BI dashboards and reports to support decision making in manufacturing operations management.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Build robust data models that enable automation using Alteryx. Extract, cleanse, combine, and wrangle large datasets from various sources, including Snowflake data lakes;
- Transfer existing data models and BI solutions developed with eg Qlik Analytics and Microsoft Power BI to Tableau;
- Generate various regular and impromptu reports;
- consistency and plausibility checks;
- Document developed solutions in a structured and orderly fashion, enabling others to build and improve on what you have developed;
- Support wide adoption of BI applications. Scale and multiply improvements;
- Continuously develop own skills and knowledge in the BI domain. Help others to develop;
- Help drive automation of various reporting processes. Identify opportunities to improve on existing processes and tools;
- Act a responsible member of a larger team with a common purpose;
- Professional handling of confidential and sensitive information.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field;
- 2-5+ years of combined professional experience working with BI application development;
- Highly proficient with Tableau. Appropriate certifications beneficial;
- Well-developed and proven data visualization skills;
- Thorough knowledge of techniques for extraction, cleansing, and wrangling of large sets of data from various sources;
- Experience with the safe and professional handling of sensitive, confidential information.
- Positive "can-do" attitude;
- Advanced English skills allowing you to express yourself with a high level of fluency and communicate effectively at a professional level;
- Proven task and time management skills with a developed ability to prioritize;
- Comfortable with remote work, collaborating with people from all over the world using various collaboration platforms.
In addition, experience with any of the below items is considered beneficial:
- Alteryx or other data analytics & automation platforms;
- Database systems such as Snowflake, utilizing SQL;
- forecasting and clustering techniques;
- Scripting using R, Python, or VBA;
- ERP systems, such as SAP;
- Professional experience from a manufacturing industry;
- Controlled solution deployment and version control with the help of platforms such as Github.
About the team
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business!
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected.
With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects.
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world.
- Professional development opportunities within the company.
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a great responsibility.