This is a Hybrid role, with some travel required.
Who are we?
The Traffic Technology Team at Marston Holdings is comprised of two cutting edge businesses Vortex IoT and Videalert. This role will be primarily working to support Videalert, however, there will be interaction across the entire Technology Team and the opportunity to work on other exciting projects in the future!
Videalert is the UK’s leading supplier of intelligent traffic enforcement and management solutions that deliver the highest productivity at the lowest operational cost. Videalert offers a comprehensive suite of CCTV traffic and parking management solutions comprising attended, unattended and mobile using the same intelligent digital video platform.
Vortex is the UK’s leading provider of smart city solutions. Vortex provides environmental sensors, networks and data solutions to support decarbonisation efforts globally. We drive real environmental change by leveraging the power of real-time data with cleantech technologies.
Machine Learning Engineer:
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our award-winning team!
You will be working on some of the most cutting-edge projects for a company that is passionate about the environment! As part of our Technology Tecam you will design and develop state-of-the-art products, working with some of the newest technologies.
What will you do?
- You will work with our Technical team to identify and solve problems.
- You will seek out new opportunities to apply data science techniques.
- You will automate Extract, Transfer, Load (ETL) pipelines.
- Using data from R&D (Experimental) and Production pipelines, you will evaluate the quality, consistency and adherence to standards.
- You will communicate progress and experimental results across our team through reports and presentations, helping the team understand the interpretation of this.
- You will work with some of our live projects that include data from image and video camera feeds such as traffic flow, while also making use of open-source platforms at the cutting edge of AI /ML and Edge Computing.
- You will utilise Edge AI, Composite AI and Deep Learning Models to develop original and scalable solutions to solve problems within Smart Cities, future mobility and traffic analytics.
- You will need to document and communicate system/solution/process details which are associated with our data model solution.
Who will you work with?
- Our Tech Team consists of AI and Data Scientists, Software Developers, Senior Researchers, Graduate Engineers and Interning Students.
- As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work in a team led by an AI & Data Scientist for one of our product lines, participating in our Agile working environment.
- Your sponsor (manager) will work closely with you on your assignments.
- Your performance will be reviewed regularly by your sponsor and by the Principal Engineer.
Who are we looking for?
- You are tech-savvy, self driven individual with M.Sc./M.Si./M.Eng/Ph.D. in Statistics/Physics/Applied Mathematics/Computer Science or equivalent, with a keen interest in using data science to solve commercial problems.
- You have experience of contributing to the delivery of analytical / data science projects.
- You need a background in Machine Learning and Statistics.
- You have a proven proficiency in Python for numerical / statistical programming (The group replies heavily on NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras and other libraries)
- You have experience with Deep Learning, Cloud Database and Version Control systems (like Git). Experience with SQL would be preferable.
- You will be familiar with algorithms and translating research papers into workable algorithms and implementing these ideas into functional code.
- You must have strong communication skills to ensure you can communicate project intent with all disciplines.
- 2+years experience in a Machine Learning / Data Engineer / Data Scientist position within the industry.
- Experience in Computer Vision, Optical Character Recognition, Composite AI, Rule based systems and Optimisation.
- C++ experience.
- Understanding of Docker and Virtualisation.
- Experience with Linux operating system environments and Bash scripting.
- Experience with AWS, Git and GitFlow Methodology
- Familiar with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with CI / CD Pipelines using tools such as Jenkins.
What do we offer?
- Hybrid Working with some travel to our Neath hub (South Wales) and other office locations when required.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enrolment into our benefits platform gives you access to over 5,000 discounts on a variety of retailers, services, package holidays, discounted gym membership and our Employee Assistance Programme.
- 25 days annual leave + BH.
- 09:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
- Free parking and free hot drinks onsite