Full job description
details Permanent contract, full-time or part-time, Cologne / Darmstadt / Düsseldorf / Remote
Who we are
We operate Kaufland.de: Several thousand sellers and millions of products make us one of the fastest growing online marketplaces. Our work is characterized by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the power of a big corporate group. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether it's from an intern: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt // Düsseldorf while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely (Germany). We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of over 250 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: https://kaufland-ecommerce.com/team/tech/.
Your task – this awaits you in detail
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You sit at the intersection of business and tech teams, business intelligence and data engineering and are responsible for bringing efficient and integrated data models, processes and data products to life
- You harvest data from external sources (third party applications such as Tableau) programmatically using their APIs
- You craft code in SQL and Python for data creation and transformation purposes meeting our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale database environment
- You provide data modeling expertise to analysts through code reviews, pairing, and training to help deliver optimal, DRY and scalable query designs
- You evangelize the efficient utilization of our data warehouse Google BigQuery spotting opportunities to reduce complexity and costs
- You analyze data transformation job portfolios and explore possibilities for optimizing them such that no opportunity for combining jobs for better performance or maintainability is missed
- You take measures to guarantee the data is accurate and fresh enough to fit operational and analytics needs
- You develop processes around our data catalog to ensure we end up with identifiable and understandable descriptions of data as well as exposing them in a way that consumers can easily find the right data for their use case
What we offer
- You have several years of experience in data modeling and transformation via SQL and Python
- You have solid experience in accessing APIs and utilizing their output
- You are experienced with Cloud DWHs and building robust and reusable data sets
- You ideally have experience with dbt
- You like to proactively approach issues and opportunities while having an analytical and conceptual way of working
- Create your own work life! We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- A highly motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- The future is digital - Develop the e-commerce of the future with us and work on a product with millions of users with a broadly based technology stack
- Power meets dynamic - flat hierarchies and start-up mentality meet the power of a big corporate group and offers you an agile and secure working environment at the same time
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Personal & team growth: We love to have flexibility in terms of working location, but we also believe that personal interactions are important. That's why we organize company events, and cover the costs to bring you there and to other (approved) get togethers with your peers. The same applies to conferences and other learning opportunities. We want everybody to grow personally and professionally, as a team and as a company.
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
Check out our Principles & our blog for even more insights into our company culture!
Refer to an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to €1,300 per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).
Why are you the perfect fit for this position? Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!
As we have very international teams, we would highly appreciate it to receive your CV or profile link in English.
\_\_Your contact person: Lea Sycha
-commerce Kaufland e-commerce Services GmbH & Co. KG
We're looking forward to your application!\_\_