The Wayfair Merchandising Data Insights team is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and process driven data analyst to join our business as we continue our ambitious plan to build the best online housewares and furniture catalog. This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and to support the management and growth of our enormous product catalog. They will work with large amounts of data and flex their analytical skills to deliver answers. This role provides an opportunity to impact a core part of our business.
What You'll Do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project and get buy-in for project methodology
- Conduct big data analysis using Python and/or R
- Present findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Wrangle data from our product catalog database to create integrated views that can be used to drive decisions
- You have a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics or its equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant data science experience
- High proficiency in SQL, R or Python
- Ideally, you have already applied you statistical / tech knowledge to the e-commerce domain.
- You are not afraid to present business cases to senior leadership.
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events.
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork.
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: