Relocation Assistance: Germany
Employee Status: Day Job
At DXC, we believe the power of insight comes from an intelligent, end-to end approach to Big Data and information. DXC Analytics align the right people, processes, and technology to help our clients analyze and act on their information. Our consultants provide the advice and support clients need to transform and manage their Big Data initiatives, and start unlocking valuable business opportunities. Clients benefit from Big Data and enhanced analytics to improve customer engagement and satisfaction, create new business opportunities, and reduce costs.
The Solution Architect Analytics is part of the Big Data & Analytics team in Germany. (S)He acts as a Senior Architect at the accounts and works with Hadoop Experts, Experienced Software Developers, Data Scientists and Technology Experts to deliver analytic solutions for our customers, enabling them to develop the fully autonomous driving of our future.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve in client-facing role designing and provide experienced technical consulting and delivers solutions within teams
- Represent the knowledge of Big Data technologies, Big Data platforms and advanced Big Data analytics for DXC clients
- Design and develop prototypes & proof-of-concept solutions in support of presales activities as well as support the development of standardized Big Data & Analytic offerings across multiple industries
- Is recognized by peers as a Subject Matter Expert and experienced Senior Solution Architect in the Big Data and Analytics space
- Own and manage knowledge sharing sessions
- Collaborate with other delivery units and takes responsibility for the delivery of DXC Analytics solutions.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field
- Around 10 years IT experience
- Minimum 4 years Lead Architecture experience
- Proven experience in leading Big Data and Analytics Projects as Solution Architect
- Languages: German (fluent – minimum requirement C1); English (fluent)
- Experience with all phases of a Big Data project: Concept & Design, Development, Implementation/Deployment, Change, Maintenance
- Big Data/BI/DWH Methodologies•Exper use of NoSQL databases and experience with relational/non-relational database
- Proposal process know-how
- Pre-Sales expertise
- Ability to coordinate and support projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of architectural dependencies of technologies in customer's analytic environments
- Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation
- Has demonstrated ability to support others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates
- Highly motivated team player
- Project Management with client facing experience desired
Required technical skills:
- Big Data experience with project technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Spark, Hive, HBase, Oozie)
- Experienced in software development projects with programming language Python
- Docker and Resource Management & Scheduling with Mesos/YARN•Experienced knowledge of the operating system Linux
Preferred technical skills:
- Hadoop Streaming e.g. Message-Queue Components (e.g. Spark, Storm, Kafka)
- Automation and provisioning tools such as Ansible
- Experience in the area of networks and distributed systems
- Visualization/BI Tool knowledge (such as Microsoft, Logi Analytics and Tableau)
What you can expect:
The team consists of experts from expert to master level across North and Central Europe with a great "can do" spirit and broad spectrum of experience as well as social competencies. We work for different clients in different industries and take accountability for what we do - each single day!
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make DXC Technology one of the world´s most attractive employers. At DXC our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.Part time work or job-sharing is also applicable to this position.
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities