Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 300 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. From our headquarters in Hamburg, we aim to become one of the leading gaming companies in the world.
As Data Warehouse Engineer (m/f) you will take a key role in the ongoing development, maintenance and evolution of our data warehousing systems based on big data technology. You will be responsible for collecting, processing and providing data in accordance with decisive business requirements, thereby helping to shape the future of our data warehouse solution.
- You will act as an interface and consultant to stakeholders from business departments and game studios, understanding their business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Your work comprises the full spectrum of data management, including data modeling, data integration, as well as aggregating data for analytical consumption and reporting
- You will be conceiving and implementing ETL processes to gather and refine data from many disparate internal and external sources, advancing data consistency and quality
- You are responsible for monitoring and maintaining smooth operations of the data warehousing systems, as well as improving efficiency and reliability
- University level degree in computer science or equivalent education
- Several years of professional experience with relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Proficient with both relational and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with one or more ETL tools such as Pentaho, Talend, or similar
- Hands-on experience with Linux shell scripting
- Exposure to big data technologies such as Hadoop is a plus
- You are goal-oriented, quick to grasp new ideas and technologies, reliable, and have a structured way of working
- You like to communicate proactively with stakeholders and team members, and seek opportunities to improve the products you are working on
- You speak and write English fluently
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution
- A positive work-life balance
- Leading technology and analysis opportunities that give you the freedom to innovate
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. Its maritime atmosphere and Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life.
We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, your CV and references) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date, through our online application form.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB