Are you an experienced Data Engineer? Looking to develop your skills in a flexible environment?
If the answer to the above is YES then Eurobase would like to hear from you.
Our client wants to grow their successful German business and are looking for experienced Data Engineers to join their team in Berlin, Germany.
Our client is a European long distance mobility travel provider. Since 2013 they have offered a new, convenient and green way to travel which suits every budget. Due to smart business models and innovative technology, the now former startup has established into Europe’s largest intercity travel network in under 4 years.
- You are in charge to build a data platform that manages our companies' data flows
- The platform consists of several services (messaging, streaming, persistence, machine learning etc.) that can be used by our product development teams in a self-service way.
- As a member of one of our product development teams, you build data-intensive applications on top of our data platform, ranging from data ingestion to processing and making use of the data to provide smart services to our customers and internal business users.
- Several years of experience as Data Engineer or Software Engineer.
- Solid expertise in at least one programming language (preferably Scala, Java or Python).
- Working experience with structured engineering methods like test first (TDD, BDD).
- Experience with big data technologies (Flume, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Redshift and NoSQL Databases) and practical experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Previous experience in the design and implementation of complex data pipelines (AWS Data Pipeline) and familiarity with machine learning, real-time data processing, data warehousing and data visualization techniques are a plus.
- Fluent in English; every other European language is a plus.
- International & diverse team - English is our working language.
- Competitive salary - we want you focused on your work not your salary.
- Flexible working hours & Work from home policy of 5 days / month.
- Centrally located offices in the heart of Berlin & Munich.
- Flat organizational structure.
- Bi-monthly HackrDays.
- Yearly Conference stipend & Paid German classes.
- Free bus tickets all across Europe with FlixBus lines.
- Choice of hardware (laptop, screens, headphones, etc).
- Free drinks (coffee, tea, beer, sodas) and fresh fruits.
Eurobase People Limited
+44 (0)1245 496 706