Development, implementation and support of novel data infrastructure to facilitate next generation protein therapeutics discovery processes
- Supports and improves current data management processes and workflow-supporting database functionalities
- Works with domain experts to understand data management needs and constraints
- Provides tools for efficient data processing (including conversion, cleansing and curation) as wells as solutions to maintain data quality and integrity
- Automates and simplifies data handling, retrieval and visualization operations.
- Contributes to the establishment of novel data analysis and machine learning systems for virtual drug screening and predictive modelling
- Conducts data mining over internally produced and publicly available data sets.
- Drives initiatives to proactively support sharing of best practices among informatics and science teams, and to train other scientists on optimal use of data, computational biology tools, analytical methods, and biostatistics approaches to support research outcomes
Requirements & Qualifications
- M.S., Ph.D or in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Basic understanding of statistics and solid programming skills with at least one programming (Perl, Python (preferred), R) and/or database querying (e.g. SQL) language and experience with VBA in Excel
- Strong knowledge of current data and information technologies including infrastructure, databases, and software development architectures and tools
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models
- Experience with analysis and visualization software/tools such as Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot or other analytical tools
- Experience in developing enterprise scale system architectures with IT security, performance and maintainability in mind
- Experience within a pharmaceutical/biotech company or other relevant health science environment
- Experience with data integration technologies (e.g. data virtualization) and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Oracle-based enterprise IT R&D workflow support systems (e.g. Genedata Biologics)
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
Additional desirable skills
- Track record of delivering informatics solutions, skills, and tools to (preferentially protein therapeutics) drug discovery projects is desired
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve issues in complex IT environments
- Good understanding of molecular biology concepts, protein engineering and/or structural biology are advantageous
- Broad understanding of antibody biology
- Experience with NGS technologies
- Knowledge of modern bioinformatics programs/approaches for structural modeling (e.g. MOE, Rosetta, Schrödinger, Biovia, )
- Knowledge of assay development & implementation
- Familiarity with protein expression and purification, biophysical characterization
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management)
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees.
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life