We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The newly founded Advanced Analytics department is tasked to tame the data generated within the Covestro group, utilizing machine learning and artificial intelligence for solving data use cases and providing expert advise on all these topics. Other tasks include establishing, running and mentoring the global Advanced Analytics community, harmonizing the distributed analytics activities within Covestro and establishing an outside network with research institutes and other corporates. This is your chance to experience start-up feeling and flair within an established corporate.
- In your new role, you will contribute to the identification and assessment of relationships between various types of data from different domains, e.g. Pro- duction, R&D, Sales/Marketing and Finance
- You will be responsible for performing both exploratory data analysis as well as complex data analysis utilizing methods and tools for statistical modeling, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- You will contribute to the translation of business requirements into quick prototypes and minimal viable products as well as building and maintaining the use case backlog including the evaluation of use cases with regards to importance, urgency, feasibility and financial impact
- You will also contribute to the definition of requirements for the data processing architec- ture and technology in close collaboration with the Data Engineering Team
- Additionally, you will contribute to the research, assessment and evaluation of offerings from external solution providers and consultancies with regard to their impact and useful- ness in light of the current use case backlog and the internal resource utilization
Who you are
- You hold a university degree (pref. Master or PhD) in mathematics, physics, statistics, data science or a related discipline
- You have several years of experience in the data science domain, ideally in an inter- national environment and with virtual teams
- You have experience with machine learning frameworks like sklearn, H2O, TensorFlow, and OpenCV, and ideally with deep learning
- You are experienced with SQL and noSQL databases with programming languages like Python, R and Java as well as with visualization frameworks like D3.js, Plot.ly and Mat- plotlib
- You are able to see and to create solutions to business problems
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and you are happy to work on a variety of different business problems
- You are a open-minded personality and an approachable Team Player (m/f)
- You are comfortable with working in a fluent, dynamic and fast-paced environ- ment and a start-up opportunity in a large corporate excites you
- You are able to convince, explain and present to colleagues from different fields and different managerial levels
- Fluent English skills, spoken and written, as well as willingness and ability to travel internationally, round up your profile
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fits this profile, please apply online at www.career.covestro.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation. Please also indicate your availability/notice period. First questions will be answered by Ms Isabell Ramrath Phone: +49 214 6009 8246.
Covestro welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of racial or ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, religion, philosophy, gender, age, disability, appearance or sexual identity. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.