Research & Development
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Mobility goes digital. The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of this digital transformation we are expanding our cloud computing capabilities. We are a young and innovative team working in an Agile setting looking for strong and motivated candidates that are eager to step up and be part of the shaping of the transportation of tomorrow.
- You work with statistics and cutting-edge machine learning algorithms in a big data environment
- In close contact with the customers, project managers and the team you realize the appropriate solutions
- You are responsible for the overall data science projects end-to-end
- You ensure consistent and uniform approach to big data analysis across the projects
- As a technical supervisor you support the scientists and data engineers
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a PhD degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar fields.
- You have at least 3+ years of work experience including leading teams.
- You have exceptional knowledge of data analytics and machine learning algorithms.
- You are experienced in leading temas technically and working with stakeholders.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills in both writing and speaking (English a must. German an advantage).
- You are experienced with large datasets, data bases and visualization tools (Tableau, Splunk, ...).
- You have strong programming knowledge in at least one language (Python, R, Matlab, ..), work experience using Linux is an advantage.
- You have experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc) or distributed computing (Spark, blaze, ...) an advantage.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
www.siemens.de/mobility- if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335- if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Katarina Szesny.
www.siemens.com/careers- if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.