You may know SKF as the world's leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The inherent skills and competence of our arround 46.000 employees help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
SKF IoT Technology develops cloud based “Internet of Things” solutions, including Big Data management and advanced Big Data analytic solutions. The IoT Technology department is part of SKF’s Group IT. We are working in an agile, interdisciplinary development team and support global projects across different domains within SKF teams to develop cutting edge cloud native solutions. We are hiring experienced IT professionals within our “IoT Technology Development”.
We offer the position of a
Data Scientist (f/m)
- Partnering with domain experts in global project teams to identify project related questions, key metrics and actionable insights
- Developing predictive models and new algorithms that can be used in nextgeneration applications and services
- Quickly realizing proof of concepts in an agile way
- Analyzing large data sets to develop new models and algorithms to drive innovative insights into various kind of data
- Working with data in varying structures, ranging from traditional structured data and semi-structured data to unstructured data
- Developing analytical jobs for real-time and batch analysis and integrating them into a cloud native architecture
- Helping to establish a data-driven culture within a global company
- Identification of Data Science opportunities in various business fields
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of traditional and State-of-the-Art Machine Learning algorithms, including Deep Learning and statistics
- Deep knowledge in statistical and visualization packages, e. g. Scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience in working with distributed systems and understanding of technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, or Storm
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including Boto 3
- Additional programming experience in R, Java, SQL
- Fluent in English. German language skills are a plus
- Constantly learning and improving his / her own skill set. Keep yourself updated about new technological developments
- Openness to learn about domain knowledge in areas like engineering, sales & marketing, manufacturing
What we offer?
- Working together with multiple domains
- High autonomy in choosing methods and tools for the project at hand
- Opportunity to establish a core competence within a global company
- Technical training to help you being constantly up to date
Then go on and apply via skfjobs.
SKF Recruitment Center
Frau Michelle Weippert
Tel.: +49 9721 563056