We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
At BASF we create besides chemistry and seeds also digital products - xarvioTM SCOUTING and xarvioTM FIELD MANAGER - for a modern agriculture making farming smarter and easier. We help farmers to optimize their crop production by constantly analyzing their fields on a field-zone level, increasing the knowledge about crops and processing the information to up-to date independent field management recommendations. With our highly dynamic digital farming organization we are connected globally in multiple countries and markets improving our rule engine specifically to local needs and delivering our digital solutions farmer specific.
What you can expect
- During your internship with a duration of 6 months, you become acquainted with several tasks within our Digital Farming team, giving you the chance to apply your theoretical knowledge in the daily business.
- BASF xarvio Digital Farming is one of the world's leading groups in delivering digital agricultural solutions.
- You will get the opportunity to work with our Data Scientists on one or more different projects within our product pipeline.
- Topics include working with and creating data and algorithms in image science, but also agronomic and geospatial models.
- You will be implementing and evaluating state-of-the-art algorithms grounded in current research literature.
- Moreover, you will collaborate closely with internal agronomists, product managers and other data scientists.
What we expect
- You are currently studying Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a similar technical field and have an outstanding academic performance record.
- Through internships or university projects you were able to gain first experiences with Data Science and have solid programming skills in Python, R or similar.
- Pluses are experience with geospatial data and tools, experiences with Computer Vision / Deep Learning or statistical methods.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English and have strong communicational skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.