Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our A-team.
What will keep you challenged?
- Build data-driven applications for our ventures: data warehouses, marketing automations, recommendation engines etc.
- Integrate data from various systems into flexible and consistent representations. You will make sure that all people and IT systems in the organization have easy access to data through various front-ends and interfaces.
- Adapt our toolset to ever new challenges.
- Work in an agile software development process in close collaboration with the BI team.
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A master's degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- Genuine interest in data and algorithms and excitement about solving difficult problems.
- Knowledge of the following basic tools of software engineering: programming in multiple languages, HTTP and current web technologies, the unix command line and basic server administration, version control systems, a basic understanding of the interplay between software and memory, hard discs and the CPU
- Profound knowledge about the inner workings of database systems
- Eagerness to delve into new technologies and programming languages
- Basic understanding of mathematics and machine learning
- Ability to turn data science into something that creates business value (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3gLZTeVXU8)
Our current Stack:
- Mac or Linux, Python, bash scripts, Makefiles.
- Our own open-source data integration framework Mara (https://github.com/mara/data-integration), but also Airflow, Luigi.
- PostgreSQL for ETL (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwNi21jAm4), Kinesis & BigQuery for event collection and querying.
- AWS, GCP, Azure, Saltstack, Ansible.
What to expect working with us:
- Becoming part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies
- Working independently, have all freedom you need and are thus able to personally grow and develop yourself on a constant basis
- Working at a modern and well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.