We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Join the Data Science community within BASF and shape the future of digitalization in Research and Development.
- You will work on exciting questions from a broad range of chemical and biological domains (e.g. batteries, catalysts, functional materials, agricultural or biological products as well as computer vision and image analysis) and diverse data types.
- You will work with a highly motivated international team of scientists and in projects with academic experts and commercial partners.
- You will apply advanced statistics and machine learning / AI for exploratory data analysis, predictive analytics, and/or optimization.
- You will implement smart algorithms and applications that support our researchers.
- You will have access to supercomputing resources and a diverse and interdisciplinary audience with whom you will communicate your findings.
What we expect
- You hold a PhD in a mathematical or scientific discipline with a strong focus on advanced statistics and machine learning / AI methods.
- Ideally you gained experience in projects using statistical software packages and programming languages like R, Python, or others.
- You have demonstrated that you can solve real world problems and support research activities with data analysis.
- Experience with one or more of the following is also advantageous: Design of Experiment, Active Learning, Image Recognition, Time Series Analysis and problems in the chemical domain.
- You bring agility, creativity, and entrepreneurial thinking into the team while feeling comfortable in a diverse, interdisciplinary, and challenging environment.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.