For our partner, one of the world’s largest chemical companies and a leading provider of innovative digital agricultural solutions, we are looking for a Data Scientist Machine Learning (m/f/d) for the location Cologne. Having a strong background in programming and forecasting, you support the team developing new predictive epidemiological models and work closely with agronomists and farmers to ensure the comprehensiveness of the results and products.
- Develop predictive epidemiological models for plant disease modelling using digital farming’s symptomatic, geographic, and demographic data
- Contribute conceptually in development of frameworks for bringing data from different sources together in the most effective approach
- Support spatiotemporal statistics, machine learning including complex ANNs, regression analysis, statistical inference techniques and other approaches for data driven disease modelling
- Develop prototypes and dashboards to showcase results
- Collaborate closely with agronomists, software engineers, product managers, other data scientists and designers to design and build products that offer most comprehensive results to agronomists and farmers
- Interface with the academic and scientific community presenting your work on conferences & ensuring knowledge transfer
- Postgraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Statistics or adjacent field with strong IT profile
- Strong programming skills in Python (pandas, scikit learn, keras, tensorflow, etc.), R, or similar Experience with building models with time series data
- Experience in applying statistical and/or machine learning techniques to realworld problems
- Experience with modelling and forecasting
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data
- Ideally experience/working knowledge of handling real time streaming data
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM Master)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as part of a diverse and global team
Become part of the team and apply now via email! Your contact is Florian Grambow (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are looking forward to getting to know you!