We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
The Schwarzheide site is located between Berlin, the capital city, and the cultural metropolis of Dresden. Schwarzheide plays a pioneering role within the BASF Group during the digital transformation. We boost innovative drive with new technologies and ways of working.
Join us and help shape the future. Take advantage of this opportunity to join the leading chemical company.
To learn more about BASF Schwarzheide GmbH, please visit http://on.basf.com/Schwarzheide.
What you can expect
Our interdisciplinary digitalisation team drives the digital transformation of one of our largest production sites forward. We use modern methods drawn from applied mathematics, data science, computer science and automation technology.
Machine learning, big data analytics and model-based simulation and optimization are the focus in particular.
- You will harness digital technologies and solutions to enhance the efficiency of the processes used in production, supply, disposal and logistics.
- In the process, you will work on projects with the plants on site with internal and external partners(m/f/d) to drive digitalisation forward.
- Together with interdisciplinary project teams, you will provide workflows for statistical data analysis as well as develop and implement systems for data integration, data preparation and online solutions.
- The areas of focus in your work can be aligned toward your abilities, skills and interests. Examples of this include optimization of processes, supply and value chains, predictive maintenance and expert systems.
What we expect
- We are looking for candidates who enjoy working with data and mathematical and statistical models and have extensive experience in these areas.
- You hold a diploma or a master´s degree, in which you earned above-average marks. Ideally, you gone on to earn a doctorate in applied mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, computer science or engineering.
- In addition, you are familiar with the latest digital trends regarding Industry 4.0 and familiarize yourself with new topics on your own responsibility.
- With your open, enthusiastic and results-oriented personality, you contribute to the team´s success while communicating proficiently in German and English.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.