trinamiX is the pioneer in adaptive 3D sensing. Founded in 2015, trinamiX GmbH is a spin-off and wholly-owned subsidiary of BASF SE, the world's leading chemical company. We are developing the most versatile sensor systems in adaptive 3D sensing. With our new technologies, we seek to simplify sensing methods and pave the way for new applications. We are looking for determined people to support our dynamic team. Our independence as a start-up combined with the competences of the BASF group allows for a fast and flexible product development in the electronic and sensor market. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about trinamiX GmbH at www.trinamix.de.
What you can expect
Our unit IR Sensing develops, produces and sells IR detectors and IR detector systems under the brand name Hertzstück. Together with our customers we develop solutions for different applications like agriculture, food analysis and spectroscopy up to spark detection and fire detection.
- You will take care of scientific data analysis, evaluation of statistical hypotheses and data-based modelling.
- You will also be responsible for optimization, design of experiments and Six Sigma methodology as well as visualization.
- Moreover, you will develop robust systems for the chemometric evaluation of substance data from spectroscopic measurements.
- You will be part of an multidisciplinary research team.
- With the appropriate experts, you will integrate the models into a larger software stack.
What we expect
- You have a university degree in applied mathematics, statistics, chemometrics, computer science or related fields, preferably with a PhD or comparable professional experience.
- As a career changer, you have a scientific or engineering background.
- Ideally, you already have professional experience in data analysis, data modelling, targeted data search and statistical analysis. Additional knowledge in machine learning and nonlinear optimization is an advantage.
- You have profound experience with R, SAS, Python or other programming languages in fast prototyping.
- As a motivated and creative team player with excellent communication as well as presentation skills in German and English, you enjoy working in an interdisciplinary research and development team.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.