As a Data Science Software Developer at KONUX, you will be responsible for porting models and developing software that primarily makes use of statistical analysis techniques and AI/ML algorithms developed by the Analytics team. You will take pride in developing efficient, production-ready code for use both by the production engineering team as well as internally by the Analytics team. You will act as an interface with our production team, ensuring the alignment of functional requirements. Further, you will be contributing to algorithm design, big-data analysis, and optimization of the existing code-base - all in a Linux environment. Ideal candidates learn and adapt quickly and will be able to use every tool at their disposal to understand and effectively tackle hard problems.
- Port code from a range of model development languages (mostly Python) to a predominately Python and C++ production application environment
- Act as the interface between the analytics team and the production engineering team
- Create functional specifications for analytic products
- Support and enhance existing Python and C++ production code-base
- Profile and enhance performance
- Write interfaces to DB and RESTful systems for data retrieval and analysis
- Document analytic solutions
- Assist with the development of novel implementations of new product features as required
- As an analytics team member, contribute in solving technical problems as they arise
- A degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- 5+ years of Python and C++ or Java programming
- Strong background in statistics and statistical techniques such as PCA, kernel methods, SVM, MCMC etc.
- Demonstrable programming experience in application development of these statistical techniques as well as ANN methods such as LSTM, CNN, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing container-based solutions.
- Proficiency in SQL, Linux Shell scripting
- Ability to understand and deliver in a complex and rapidly evolving data and product environment
- Demonstrable examples of working with business partners to deliver a solution that meets project objectives (requirements generation, functional specification generation to project execution)
- Strong interpersonal communications skills (verbal, presentation and written)
- Autonomous and solution-oriented working methods
- Teamwork and creativity
Nice To Have
- Matlab and / or R experience
- Message Queue (e.g. RabbitMQ) implementation experience
- Project management skills
- Experience with working in a Scrum environment