IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Advanced Analytics - with departments in Frankfurt, Philadelphia, Paris, and Warsaw as well as a network of over 150 team members worldwide - is the global competence center for data science at IQVIA. Complex advanced analysis at the highest level are conceptualized and implemented to support international customers in the pharmaceutical industry - often within multinational projects. As a member of our team you can expect exciting international projects with interesting development perspectives.
Senior Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics – the role
- Development and execution of advanced analytics in the area of Commercial Effectiveness and Real World Evidence in collaboration with European local offices
- Development of machine learning and data mining technologies
- Development of innovative methodologies to deliver custom solutions
- Using machine learning techniques to predict disease outcomes and early diagnoses: Methods: random forest, gradient boosting, deep learning (deep neural networks, recurrent neural networks), but also non-linear regression approaches and optimization.
- Selection and application of machine learning techniques, in connection with Pharma Big Data to identify complex patterns
- Working with technology teams to support machine-learning algorithms in big data platforms
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Master degree in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis or PhD with at least 1 year of relevant professional experience with research in machine learning algorithms
- Very good knowledge and in depth understanding of Machine Learning methods: random forest, gradient boosting, deep learning (deep neural networks, recurrent neural networks), but also non-linear regression approaches and optimization,
- Very good knowledge of the higher statistical and econometric methods in theory and practice
- Experience with handling Big Data
- Proficient in R & Python
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) including technical aspects of a project, ability to develop usable documentation, results interpretation and business recommendations
- Fluent in German and English language
- Strong analytic mindset and logical thinking capability, strong QC mindset
- Demonstrates consulting, creativity, critical thinking, project planning, and attention to detail capabilities
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical market and experience with pharmaceutical data (medical, hospital, pharmacy, claims data) would be a plus, but not mandatory
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.