We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Antwerpen NV is the second largest production site of BASF worldwide and the largest chemical company in Belgium. Our 3000 colleagues ensure the management of production, logistics, technical, lab and energy as well as a great number of services such as safety, environment, finances and communication. We are offering a wide range of career opportunities both in Belgium and internationally.
What you can expect
In BASF Antwerp, the largest free electricity and natural gas market in Belgium, with an internal steam and gas power plant of 400 MW and with an internal steam system that is the energetic link between the various production plants, STEG and steam plant, you will be responsible for business and data analysis for sourcing and supply concepts. As Business Analyst Utilities for PIU:
- You will be responsible for the short- , mid- and long-term planning of the utility "verbund" in close collaboration with different costumers/suppliers and the energy production department.
- You will asses and optimize the forecast of consumption volumes in close contact with our costumers.
- You will be managing economical optimization models of utilities.
- You will perform 'What-if' scenarios and look for continuous improvement of sourcing positions.
- You will provide support in infrastructure investment analysis (in close collaboration with functional & operating units).
- You will assess and provide input for sourcing and supply contracts for the relevant utilities.
- Because you will obtain a global overview of the site in terms of energy needs, a strong input regarding new concepts is expected from you to further optimize our energy allocation.
- You can count on close cooperation with internal customers, operators of various production facilities and networks, and diverse groups within financial services and the Energy Policy cell.
- You will follow up utility related legislation with a focus on implementation on the Antwerp site.
- Finally, you will be contract owner and SPOC for utility sourcing and supply contracts (+ ARP, market) and you will provide support for reporting.
What we expect
- You have obtained a master degree in Engineering (energy, electromechanical, business, ...).
- You are interested in energy generation technologies as well as in the functioning of the free energy market and you have affinity with optimization tools.
- Experience in or knowledge of the energy market is a plus.
- You are a strong conceptual thinker, result-oriented, down-to-earth, critical.
- Thanks to your excellent communication and social skills, you are a natural networker and you sell your ideas to others in a convincing way.
We offer a multi-faceted challenge with responsibilities in a successful and dynamic high technology company that highly values lifelong learning and development. BASF offers a competitive compensation including attractive benefits.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.