OLX, the world’s largest online classifieds company, is looking for a Data Engineer to join
the Operations Excellence team in Lisbon or in Berlin.
As a Data Engineer you will focus on working with an integration framework already in place for
Europe's’ business and adapt and optimize it to other Regions, starting from building the
architecture which will serve these realities and ending in building the data structures which will
feed operational needs as well as analysis needs. You will also be empowered to make
recommendations to the Operations Excellence Data Lead which will result in a direct impact in
the current integration framework.
What you will be doing:
- Build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data lake
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual
processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build processes for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of
data sources using Python, SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into
customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including Product, Data and Sales teams to assist with
data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data
- Build data expertise, and partner with data scientists and product engineers to define
and standardize business rules and maintain high-fidelity data.
- Partner with other engineers in the development of new tools to enable our customers to
understand and access data more efficiently.
- Work cross-functionally (eg: product managers, engineers, business teams) to support
new product and feature launches
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Build Data Quality processes
- Respond to alerts and internal customer requests for data and analytics support
Who we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in
Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative
field. Also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Redshift, S3, Athena, Spectrum
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python,
Java, C++, Scala, etc
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring
(SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience in working with ‘big data’ data pipelines and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes
to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency
and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large
- Willingness to travel
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and good benefits, fun working environment with inspiring, passionate, smart colleagues
- An opportunity to work at a global level and solve for talent challenges across geographies
- A positive, get-things-done working environment
- A dynamic, constantly evolving work environment (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this)
- Company mobile phone, laptop and other tools you might need
- OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services.
- OLX Group is a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +6000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
- To find out more https://www.olxgroup.com/story