To strengthen our Data Science Team within the Research & Development organization, we are looking for a Data Scientist Glass Technology (m/f/d) at our headquarters in Mainz.
- Development and application of data-driven mathematical methods and models in an industrial context
- Applications include optimization and automation of manufacturing processes, targeted support of innovations for materials and products in the SCHOTT Group and transfer of methods and results to our customers
- Conducting challenging projects with responsibility for results, budget and the project team
- Contribution to the strategic alignment of the "Data Science" field
- Contact person in the SCHOTT Group for data-science-related issues regarding analysis and optimization of our production processes
- Continuous monitoring of the state-of-the-art and new developments in the expert field. Maintaining and extension of contacts to the data science community and external technology providers, universities etc.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering or a comparable discipline with a strong quantitative focus
- Min. three years of experience in the application of exploratory data analysis, AI-methods and machine learning. Experience in model predictive control, image processing and data engineering
- Fluent in at least one key programming language for data science and associated machine learning frameworks (e.g. Python, R, Matlab etc.)
- Proven track record of successful cooperation and experience in (inter)national development projects as a member of a cross-functional team
- Good German and English presentation skills (written and spoken), knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Broad knowledge of field of expertise, curiosity and interest in solving challenging problems, friendly and confident manners, good judgement and ability to make decisions, excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel abroad
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us?
At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future.
Do you want to be successful with us? Then, please send us your application: SCHOTT AG, Mainz Human Resources, Alexandra Bengard