About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, the Voith Group sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 19,000 employees, sales of € 4.2 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
Support the Voith Group, Group Division Digital Ventures, as a
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
- You will analyze data collected in an industrial environment (sensor data, process data etc.) using established as well as emerging data analytics/machine learning techniques.
- You will communicate with the domain experts within Voith and beyond to include domain knowledge into your analysis.
- You will enable ideas by experimenting with many techniques to evaluate the most suitable one; if a solution exists and if the business case is validated, it will be further developed into a product.
- You will present the group’s results at conferences and generally represent the group’s activities within Voith and external
- You will constantly develop yourself by e.g. keeping up-to-date with recent machine learning techniques, deepening your domain knowledge and exchanging innovative approaches with other data scientists.
- You have a Master degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering) or equivalent, preferable a PhD degree.
- You have a profound technical understanding, domain knowledge of Voith’s Paper, Hydro and/or Turbo branch is a plus.
- You have a strong data understanding (e.g. statistics, numerics, databases, simulations etc.) and good communication skills, including the ability to present at conferences.
- You have advanced knowledge in the area of data analytics/machine learning, working experience in data analytics/machine learning is mandatory.
- You have solid programming skills (in any language, Python or R would be a plus), basic knowledge of big data architectures is a plus, too.
- You have the ability to think out of the box and leave the beaten track.
- You are fluent in English and you have basic communications skills in German.
Become a Voithian and join us to shape the future of our company. Working at Voith means to actively promote future-oriented technologies. We offer you a responsible job in the division Digital Ventures with challenging tasks and scope for creativity. Furthermore there are a lot of other reasons for working with Voith. Use your chance - at Voith.
You are interested? We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Voith Global Business Services EMEA GmbH
Recruiting Services • Anna Kopp
Phone +49 7321 379587.