METRONOM GmbH is the tech unit of METRO, a leading international wholesale and food specialist company. METRONOM provides customized IT services and IT solutions for all METRO countries worldwide. About 2,000 team members are located in Germany and at our international locations, offering a wide range of capabilities, such as consulting on business processes, development, implementation and support of business solutions, operating data centers and networks as well as supervision of the IT equipment.
As a data driven company we have one goal: We want to make our existing business ready for the digital age. To directly address the business needs of MCC countries our innovative team of Data Scientists (m/f/d) links advanced analytics with the latest IT technologies for tangible business outcome. We are doing pioneering work within MCC as we are using our data rich environment to make our business better and stronger.
What you can expect
- You work on conceptualizing, developing and building advanced analytical approaches and analytical products aimed at solving business use cases of Metro Cash & Carry (MCC) country organizations
- As a profound data science expert you work on use cases emerging from business domains like B2B / B2C marketing, assortment optimization, pricing or supply chain management. You are able to choose appropriate analytical approaches for a specific use case from your broad range of practical experiences in former analytical projects
- You use modern big data analytical technologies like Spark, Hive or Google Cloud Platform in a data rich environment. Scale new algorithms and models to large data sets and/or services for real-time data streaming
- You interface regularly with MCC country business analysts and corporate stakeholders capture their needs and requirements for analytical solutions. Turn feedback from internal customers into improvements of the current analytical products
- Provide leading and reliable advice to other team members or country analysts on advanced analytical approaches to support a common learning culture, as well as, accelerate the development of complex analytical products
- Research and explore new improved ways of working and analytical approaches aimed at serving MCC country needs better
- University degree in statistics, mathematics, physics or engineering - Ideally a Ph.D. degree in one of the above mentioned fields
- More than 5 years of experience in successfully working as part of a professional Data Science unit, ideally, in the area of retail / wholesale
- Knowledge in big data technologies like Spark, streaming, Hive and Google Cloud Platform (as a plus). Fluent in Python/R, and SQL (ideally Teradata)
- Successful track record and state-of-the-art experience in statistical / machine learning approaches for at least one of the following business domains: marketing analytics (customer segmentations, customer profiling, recommender engines), assortment optimization, pricing or supply chain management
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to contribute to an open, international team culture to drive the knowledge exchange and learning of all team members
- Continuous self-learning attitude combined with high level of curiosity to explore new ways of working
- Our international environment requires that you must be fluent in English (both written and spoken)
Our special offers for this position:
- Trustworthy data from our own stock
- Continuous improved data warehouse & Big Data
- Bridge between analytics and business - feel your influence
- Additional room for exchange of opinions in workshops or conferences
Curious? We are looking forward to get your online application!
Your point of contact: Marco HöflerTalent Acquisition PartnerT.: 0211 - 6886 3988M.: 0151 - 58220009E.: