We are looking for Senior Software Engineer to join our office in Berlin. We’re a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What you will be doing:
- Working in a small, cross-functional team of about 5-7 people (product, data engineering, front-end, back-end, DevOps)
- Have impact on the direction of the product, not just the technology side (a sense of ownership is not only allowed, but expected)
- You’ll be writing maintainable, testable and performant code in a Continuous Integration Environment
- Research, suggest and implement new solutions to our problem domain
- Thinking about and acting on data management solutions
- How to improve the architecture and split the different domains into microservices
Who we’re looking for:
- Has senior-level experience with any state of the art back-end technology. Current tech stack includes Go, Python, Node and JVM — if you’re the candidate for us, you will pick up these technologies quickly, or convince us we should be using something else.
- Worked in Agile environment (Kanban, Scrum or XP)
- Knows PHP on at least average level
- Was exposed to TDD or BDD
- Takes ownership and can work independently
- Who worked in high-traffic, high-volume, cloud applications
- Sees the differences between SQL and noSQL databases
What we’ll give you:
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- A budget for conference and education
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Home Office possibilities
- Company Mobile phone
- Any tool you might need MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC (selection of Dells and Thinkpad machine)
- Free coffee, snacks, and drinks
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services.
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economy
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.