Bertelsmann Data Science Program – MEDIAN
We are inviting you to join MEDIAN , our international data science rotational program. During the year-long program, you will be involved in implementing a number of data-related projects throughout various Bertelsmann divisions worldwide. You will gain insight from top data experts into the wide array of our digital business models within media, services and for-profit education. Join our growing data community and add your experience, knowledge and vision to our data-driven philosophy.
What you should bring:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related topics
- Advanced knowledge of standard methods across the entire data science pipeline
- Proven experience working with data science (via internships, research projects, etc.)
- Problem-solving mindset with strong relationship building, collaborative and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of machine learning methods
- Solid programming skills in Python and R; additional programming languages such as SAS, Scala, Spark, C/C++ and/or Java are a plus
- Knowledge of databases, database concepts, database design and related languages / tools such as SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience with mining massive data sets (ex. with Hadoop) and visual storytelling expertise are a plus
- Geographic flexibility; travel and relocation will be required
- Foreign languages are a plus
What you‘ll be doing:
- Design new data products and develop big data capabilities in order to address business model challenges and offer solutions
- Collaborate with international teams to drive usage and adoption of new data products and capabilities
- Use and further enhance machine learning methods and tools
- Understand and leverage new data sources and integrate traditional structured data with raw data from websites, social media and third parties
- Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and impact critical business decisions
- Support change within the organization
Please apply online, as we do not consider applications submitted by mail, fax, or e-mail.
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
For more information about the program visit:
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 119,000 employees and generated revenues of €17.2 billion in the 2017 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for entrepreneurship and creativity. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world.