We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Our interdisciplinary Digitalisation team drives the digital transformation forward in various areas, such as production, supply, disposal and logistics.
We use modern methods drawn from applied mathematics, data science, computer science and automation technology. Machine learning (especially deep learning), big data analytics as well as model-based simulation and optimization are the focus in particular.
- You will be in the very forefront of the digital transformation of the process industry, for example in the development of a completely autonomous plant or implementation of a smart grid.
- Furthermore, you will evaluate the potential for deep learning in production operations together with internal and external partners.
- In projects, you will drive digitalisation forward on a cross-unit. Therefor you will harness digital technologies and solutions to improve processes and products.
- The areas of focus in your work can be aligned toward your abilities, skills and interests.
What we expect
- We are looking for candidates who enjoy working with data and mathematical/ statistical models and have extensive experience in these areas.
- You have a master´s degree in statistics, physics, applied mathematics, engineering, computer science or a similar field in which you earned above average marks. Ideally, you have gone on to earn a doctorate.
- Experience in the area of control technology, process control and optimization is an advantage.
- You are in step with the latest digital trends and familiarize yourself with new topics on your own responsibility.
- With your open, enthusiastic and results oriented personality, you contribute to the team´s success as well as communicating proficiently in German and English.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.