Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for 2 Data Science Senior Scientists to join our Central Research & Technology - Data Science department in Ottobrunn, Germany.
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise to conduct research projects which realize the technology needs for generation after next products.
Tasks & accountabilities
The principle responsibilities of the roles can be summarized as follows:
- To demonstrate technical leadership and to champion the development of chosen technologies, actively contributing to the research projects within their field.
- To identify critical internal and external resources, helping projects to realize the potential of external capabilities.
- To lead stakeholder engagement and effectively communicate project outcomes to ensure technology transfer and knowledge retention in their field.
- To ensure intellectual property generated is properly protected and integrated into the Group Technology Roadmaps.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Strong technical background in Computer Science and/or Applied Mathematics.
- You will need to demonstrate strong experience in one or more of the following fields: AI and Aerospace, AI and Robotics, Computer Vision / Video Processing and Deep Learning, Decision making including Reinforcement Learning
- Ability to develop new applications in Engineering, Manufacturing and Services.
- Ability to assess any breakthroughs in this field (e.g. artificial intelligence, AR/VR) with a good knowledge of commercial and open source methods and tools.
- Good knowledge of the State of the Art in the relevant fields and understanding of how this can influence the technical needs for future product generations.
- Ability to ensure the research is conducted in a manner that is compliant with company procedures and that knowledge generated is protected.
- Negotiation level in English. Knowledge of German would be appreciated.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, problem solving mindset.
- Good communication skills, ability to influence and transmit knowledge into the stakeholder community.
- Ability to work as part of a complex and diverse team with the willingness and desire to build a strong personal network to support the team's ability to achieve objectives in the most efficient manner.