TrinamiX is the pioneer in adaptive 3D sensing. Founded in 2015, trinamiX GmbH is a spin-off and wholly-owned subsidiary of BASF SE, the world's leading chemical company. We are developing the most versatile sensor systems in adaptive 3D sensing. With our new technologies, we seek to simplify sensing methods and pave the way for new applications. We are looking for determined people to support our dynamic team. Our independence as a start-up combined with the competences of the BASF group allows for a fast and flexible product development in the electronic and sensor market. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and play.
Learn more about trinamiX GmbH at www.trinamix.de
What you can expect
Within the Imaging unit we develop unique algorithms that, in combination with light projectors and CMOS-based camera systems, make it possible to simultaneously capture depth information and material properties in imaging form. Merging image data, depth information and material parameters with a camera system unlocks the next generation of machine vision.
- In your role as a highly motivated data scientist, you will assist our team in taking robotics applications and biometric data collection in mobile applications to the next level.
- To this end, you will design and validate image, depth and material data sets that are collected using our special XperYenZ camera system.
- You will also analyze and interpret these data sets with regard to model building for object identification, object orientation in space and image segmentation with our XperYenZ technology.
- In addition, you will support the process of algorithm development through the use of data models as well as product development in the area of robotics and smartphones.
What we expect
- You have a degree in physics, computer science or mathematics and have gained professional experience or earned a doctorate in the area of data mining, machine learning or statistics.
- You are familiar with data analyses and data validation within the scope of statistical methods, and analyzing as well as interpreting image data is not difficult for you.
- Beyond that, you have solid knowledge relating to the use of R or PyData and are experienced with methods of supervised and unsupervised learning.
- For this reason, dimension reduction, clustering or classification, PCA, mean shift, k-means, SVM, random forest and deep learning are not new to you.
- Ideally, you have profound skills relating to rapid prototyping (e.g. Python), C++, TensorFlow with Keras as well as design of experiments.
- If you are also enthusiastic about new ideas, enjoy developing creative solutions and can communicate even complex matters in an understandable way in German and English, we look forward to receiving your application!
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.