XING is the professional social network with millions of members all over the world. Help us
shape the future – for a better working life! XING currently has an interesting vacancy to fill at its
headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
Do you love to tackle complex scenarios? Are you motivated by having access to a wide range of
data sources to foster a thorough understanding of our users? Are you keen to lead a
business/product analytics team and to act as a key sparring partner and point of contact for our
product, marketing and business teams? If you answered yes to all those questions, we want to
hear from you!
A challenging task
- Overview: You see the big picture, putting you in an ideal position to align your team and
achieve maximum effectiveness in developing the core value propositions of our professional
social network (people, news and jobs).
- Steering & development: As a team lead you’ll assume responsibility for your team from a
disciplinary perspective. Currently consisting of 6 analysts and several working students, you’ll
grow your team while also ensuring they receive further training opportunities to enhance their
individual skill set.
- Project management: You’ll head projects, but will also act as a key sparring partner for the
team’s business analysts.
- Driving impact: You and your team will use analyses as a basis for issuing recommendations
and then acting on them with the product development and marketing teams. As a member of
the business unit’s management team, you’ll act as a sparring partner when taking decisions
and developing a strategy based on insights.
- Stakeholder management: You’ll act as a go-between for the business analytics team and
other departments to ascertain and coordinate the given requirements. You’ll also ensure
alignment among your analysts and the other analytics and data teams at XING.
A convincing background
- You have a (Master’s) degree in economics, social sciences, mathematics or IT with a clear
analytical and business focus.
- You already have several years of experience in reporting, visualisation and multivariate
statistics as well as a keen interest in modern machine learning methods.
- You already have experience with relevant tools (R, Python, etc.) and large quantities of data
as well as very good SQL skills
- You have several years of leadership experience.
- You’re astute, highly analytical, able to join the dots, and can combine this with conceptual
- You’re able to analyse complex scenarios and large quantities of data, while also being able to
present them to others in a coherent manner.
- Fluent English is required. German language skills would be of benefit.