XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
In our Barcelona office, we are looking for passionate developers to set up a new engineering team. You will be part of the XING Events business unit, that is also located in Munich, Germany. You will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
A challenging task
- You will be working as part of a cross-functional team of mobile, backend and frontend developers as well as a designer and a product owner
- You will build front end solutions using React/GraphQL
- You will mentor your team members on best practices for front end development
- Take part in the creation of completely new products and features.
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users to meet and exchange online and offline, or innovate existing ones such as such as com/communities
- You will contribute to the development of our internal design systems and tools
- You will optimise for mobile devices, browser performance and create cross-browser compatible solutions
- Work within the XING technology environment, including GitHub, ElasticSearch, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Ruby on Rails, React, iOS and Android technology stacks, etc.
A convincing background
- You are a passionate web developer with experience in HTML/CSS, JS and React
- You have experience with ES2016+ and asynchronous programming concepts
- You have been building solutions using React for a while and have a deep understanding of the inner-workings of the technology
- You have knowledge in frontend testing frameworks such as Jest, enzyme or react-testing-library
- You are able to do blindfolded semantic HTML and modern CSS
- You are familiar with the principles of a high-performance, optimised, responsive mobile website
- You like to stay on the cutting edge of software development and have been building applications that serve the user and scale seamlessly
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills (English a must, any other languages optional)
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment
- You are capable of analysing each problem independently and choosing the solution that adjusts better to it and not overcomplicating things
- Familiarity and experience with GraphQL / Apollo is a plus
- Familiarity and experience with CSS-in-JS is also a plus (styled-components, emotion, JSS…)
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.