Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for an Engineer (m/f/d) for Data Science and Aerodynamics within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Bremen at the earliest possible start date. You will join EGAA-G Aircraft Aerodynamics.
Here we seek someone to investigate and implement creative solutions, to deliver reliably to the tasks at hand, to act flexibly, agile and proactively in order to help us accomplish our goals. We expect you to do this with equal parts technical intuition and rigorous by-the-book protocol.
What do we offer?
- Challenging tasks for unique services and products
- Interesting development opportunities, exciting perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Flexible working hours & working time compensation
- Compatibility of work and family life, e.g. childcare services
- Attractive remuneration with components such as Christmas bonus, holiday pay, variable remuneration, profit-sharing, etc.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Ownership Program and other share offers
- Health management, e.g. company medical officer
- Car leasing models for employees
- And a lot more
Tasks & accountabilities
What can you expect?
- Design, optimise and validate external aircraft shapes
- Deliver aircraft performance, handling qualities and loads assessments
- Collaborate across project teams and disciplines to secure multi-disciplinary design solutions meeting customer requirements, delivering on time cost and quality
- Provide Aerodynamic support to manufacturing plants and Airlines
- Contribute to and define future Aerodynamic processes and technologies to keep Airbus at the forefront of innovation
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
What do you bring?
- University degree in Engineering/Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology/Data Science, Physics or equivalent
- Knowledge in aerodynamics, mathematics and information technology
- Expertise in digitalization topics required e.g. data fusion, model-based system engineering, big data analytics, machine learning and cloud computing
- Skills in aerodynamic numerical simulations, wind tunnel test or flight test desirable
- Inquisitiveness to question and challenge the status quo
- Aptitude for complex problem solving and innovation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player with a strong customer focus
- Negotiation level in English; German would be a plus
This role will involve some travel for business (once to twice per month) worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.