Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Being responsible for the translation and transformation of all stakeholders' needs into concrete specifications for the Data Warehouse and BI system
- Ensuring that "Snowflake" is being optimized
- Performing database functions in "Stitch" to clean, consolidate, and rationalize data if there are any schema or architectural changes
- Configuring "Looker" with "Snowflake" and formatting the analytics layer in "LookML"
- Developing data acquisition strategy with digital analytics tools
- Maintaining the data infrastructure including "Stitch, Snowflake, and Looker"
- Providing analytical support to other departments as needed
- Performing both regular and ad hoc analyses around key business questions
- Supporting and training our operational departments in using BI and Digital Analytics tools
Which traits contribute to your success?
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in the Data and Analytics field; ideally in the field of Business Intelligence in a SAAS company
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferable in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Physics)
- Very good knowledge of "SQL" and BI-tools such as "Looker, Tableau, Pentaho, BA or QlikView"
- Experience in translating complex data questions into meaningful insights for non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of database management and performance optimization
- Experience with "LookML, SQL" and data modeling
- Knowledge of Digital Analytic tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, BigQuery) and know-how to analyze the data
- Experience in project management
- A service-oriented mindset
- Very good communication skills, hands-on mentality and team spirit
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Becoming part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies
- Working independently, have all the freedom you need and are thus able to personally grow and develop yourself on a constant basis
- Working at a modern and well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
Do you want to be part of the success story of our portfolio company?
We are looking forward to your online application.