Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Transforming large sets of different data sources into a data warehouse
- Experience with using Python, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform (Bigquery) and Jenkins within our ETL infrastructure. (open-source, have a look at (https://github.com/mara/mara-example-project)
- Building data visualization products to scale data access across the company
- Building predictive analytics in production, in collaboration with our data analysts
- Responsibility for our data infrastructure and choosing the right tools
Which traits contribute to your success?
- 4 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Proven interest in data and algorithms and mind blowing knowledge on the following computer programming languages: Python, SQL
- Experience working in an agile software development process
- Can rock it using PostgreSQL, Bigquery, MySQL/MariaDB and other data storage solutions
- Experience with data workflow orchestrators (Airflow, Luigi or similar) is a strong plus
- Can create match/sort/filter algorithms
- Knowledge of the following basic tools of software engineering: programming in multiple languages, HTTP and current web technologies, the unix command line (bash scripts, Makefiles) and basic server administration, version control systems, a basic understanding of the interplay between software and memory, hard discs and the CPU
- Basic understanding of mathematics and machine learning
- A love for automating everything, working in a team/making team decisions
- Ready to work in a “fast-paced” and constantly changing environment
- Speaking and writing English fluently
What to expect working with us:
- Competitive compensation, including a bonus scheme
- A unique challenge at one of Europe’s fastest growing e-commerce companies
- A fast-paced learning curve: you get big challenges instead of tasks to work on, which makes you learn faster
- The best office in Rotterdam, right on the “Witte de With”, the coolest street in Rotterdam. Only 5 minutes away from Rotterdam Central Station
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner all taken care of; healthy, delicious, and made with a lot of love
- Opportunities to grow, even into our Leadership Team. We don’t look for age or background, if you are extremely good, you will grow quickly
- Seriously: The best business bubbles, Team Events and our own bar do we need to say more?
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.