heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the centre of Berlin that strives to break up the used-car market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motived digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
Who we are looking for.
- You are Data Engineer hero with years of experience managing a myriad of different database types including relational and non-relational/NoSQL
- You manage traditional databases/warehouses and data lakes including Redshift, AWS RDS (Postgres), Snowflake and Athena
- You are an expert in writing SQL queries
- You are experienced in performing ETL on batch or streaming data
- You maintain data pipelines using workflow tools such as Matillion, Glue and Airflow
- You are proficient in scripting and OO languages such as python, bash, Java/Kotlin and Golang
- You have proficiency in developing microservices API using SpringBoot
- You are familiar in AWS ecosystem and deployments in Kubernetes
- You are experienced in data viz tools such as Tableau, Redash, Metabase, Looker and Excel
- You speak English on a business fluent level
What you will do.
- You are part of our BI team comprised of Analysts and Data Engineers that are responsible for providing critical information to the company in order to make data-driven decisions
- You will build the next state of the art API to provide analytical data as a service
- You extract, transform and load large datasets (>1B rows) into our data warehouse and data lake
- You develop and maintain complex data pipelines, ensuring maximum uptime and reliability (four 9s)
- You develop mission control and monitoring tools to measure service performance and reliability
- You apply scalable solutions to the challenges of working for a high data-driven ecommerce company
- You are proficient in data modelling and platform tracking
- You will enhance existing and provision future state of the art cloud infrastructures
- You present data in a clear and intuitive manner using appropriate data viz tools
What we offer.
- An ideal mix of corporate and start-up culture
- An experienced team of brand and start-up professionals
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz underground station (we timed it)
- Business English and German courses
- Friday beer, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so, we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Tatjana Mäder, Sr. Interim Recruiting Specialist.