Airbus Operations GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Digital Transformation Office (DTO) is looking for an Advanced Analyst (d/f/m) to join the Analytics Accelerator in Operations in Hamburg.
The DTO leads the digital transformation of Airbus group, leading key digital initiatives, defining the group data strategy, and supporting culture change towards more digital and agile ways of working. The Analytics Accelerator is a central group of data scientists in the DTO. Its mission is to lead the most valuable and challenging data science projects across all parts of the business. It also helps to build up data science expertise the organization and pioneers new ways of working.
The Analytics Project Leader will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the data science expertise in the Analytics Accelerator is employed effectively and efficiently. Among other things, that will include supporting the operational running of the team, project portfolio management and valuation, and communications.
The role will be to lead and implement data science projects as part of a rapidly growing and evolving team that works at the cutting-edge of applied data science. The team has a large degree of autonomy and high visibility to top management. The role offers a challenging and exciting personal environment as well as the opportunity to grow within the DTO and Airbus.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Scoping, leading, and executing data science projects (incl. stakeholder management and communications)
- Performing hands-on work to build integrated data sets, analyse data sources (ML/AI), and build compelling visualizations (typically Python, R, Spark)
- Providing technical advice on analytics projects
- Visualising and communicating results (e.g. in interactive dashboards)
- Presenting results to project stakeholders, including business experts and middle management
- Sharing knowledge, contribute to driving change within the digital network, presentations and communications within the digital community, dissemination of best practices (patterns), etc.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least early-level career experience
- Proven experience (mandatory):
- Leading and executing data science projects
- Project management experience: deliver a concrete result to a customer
- Experience understanding, structuring, and integrating data (e.g., fields, data quality, ranges, volume, etc.)
- Significant experience using inferential statistics / machine learning (e.g. statistical testing, clustering, PCA, SVM, random forests, regression, neural networks)
- Additional desirable knowledge / experience:
- Understanding of big data system architectures (e.g., HDFS, Spark)
- Experience working with unstructured data (e.g. text, images, video)
- Knowledge / understanding:
- Digital technologies and related challenges
- Ability to understand business processes and build up business cases
- Desirable: Aerospace business experience (product and service portfolio)
- MS Office, agile tools (e.g. Jira)
- Significant working experience one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Java, Matlab, Spark, …
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. RShiny, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Negotiation level in English expected. German language skills are a plus
- Business travel: Limited travel within Europe (few days per month)
- Structured and self-organised way of working
- Strong communicator towards diverse audiences (incl. senior management) and strong networking skills
- Hands-on, pragmatic approach to building digital products (hacker / entrepreneurial mindset)
- Team player: Collaborative mind-set and ways of working
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment, personal resilience to challenge status quo
- Curiosity for data and data-driven decisions, interest in business or industrial problem solving, creativity