Job Field: IT / Information Management
Location: Langenfeld, DE
Company: BASF Digital Farming GmbH
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: EN57350262_DIGI4_4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
At BASF we create besides chemistry and seeds also digital products - xarvioTM SCOUTING and xarvioTM FIELD MANAGER - for a modern agriculture making farming smarter and easier. We help farmers to optimize their crop production by constantly analyzing their fields on a field-zone level, increasing the knowledge about crops and processing the information to up-to date independent field management recommendations. With our highly dynamic digital farming organization we are connected globally in multiple countries and markets improving our rule engine specifically to local needs and delivering our digital solutions farmer specific.
What you can expect
- You will work with data of different shapes coming from diverse sources like agricultural field trials, weather stations or smartphones.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for statistical analysis of carefully prepared data sets.
- You will build data-driven models to answer a wide range of questions related to demand forecasting, capacity planning or product efficiency.
- You are responsible for building prototypes to identify new product ideas and improve internal workflows.
- Moreover, you will communicate your results to non-technical and technical stakeholders.
What we expect
- You are currently studying Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or you have a comparable qualification.
- You have already gained first practical experience in analyzing complex datasets.
- You have good programming skills in languages like Python, R or Java.
- You have hands-on experience in building models from data using statistical, data mining or machine learning approaches.
- You are able to work with data from various sources like csv files, relational databases, or web pages.
- Furthermore, you have knowledge and skills in visualizing data and analysis results to communicate results to stakeholders.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English and have strong communicational skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer