Job Field: IT / Information Management
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN57855553_DIGI4_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
BASF Nutrition & Health provides a comprehensive product and service portfolio for the human and animal nutrition, pharmaceutical and flavor & fragrance industries. With innovative solutions and modern technologies we help our customers improve their business efficiency and the sustainability of their products.
- As a data scientist within our unit Digitalization & Ecosystems you will help implementing and enhancing the units strategies to enable the future growth of Nutrition & Health.
- You will be responsible for the development and deployment of digital offerings connecting our know-how to the outside world.
- You will select features, build and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- You will be responsible for extending our data with third party sources of information when needed and enhancing data collection procedures by data mining, using state-of-the-art methods.
- You will process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data, do ad-hoc analysis and present the results in a clear manner.
- In your daily work you will create automated anomaly detection systems and be responsible for the constant tracking of its performance as well as collaborating with other team members and stakeholder.
What we expect
- You have proficient understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- You are familiar with using query languages and code versioning tools (GIT).
- You have a good understanding of NoSQL databases, data visualization tools, such as PowerBi, Tableau and common data science toolkits.
- Your scripting and programming skills as well as your applied statistics skills are very good.
- You can demonstrate your excellent communication skills and your data-oriented personality at any time.
- You have a great command of English and familiarize yourself quickly with new subjects and tasks.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer