Being part of a cool team of experts in the area of data science, data engineering and visual analytics you will work at the leading edge of the energy revolution by taking new and innovative ideas from pilot to commercially viable reality. In doing that you will:
- Be the expert for deep learning and reinforcement learning in our team, discuss ideas with the business units and proof the feasibility in pilot projects
- Design, build, train and implement Deep Learning models and evaluate the performance in large scale
- Evaluate different techniques, tools and approaches to Deep Learning problems
- Stay up to date with Deep learning research and applications, and share your expertise within the company
- Support the development of productive solutions together with product development, data engineers and data architects
- Develop batch and real-time solutions for image-, video-, audio- and signal analysis
- Communicate and discuss complex analytical and technical concepts to a business audience
- Ph.D. or master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline
- Working experience as a data scientist with a deep understanding in statistics, machine learning and data mining
- Track record of industry projects, developing solutions with deep learning and reinforcement learning techniques.
- Expert in using Tensor Flow, Theano or other deep learning frameworks MXnet or H2O
- Expert in coding machine learning and data processing in Python.
- Real passion for science and problem solving by working on data, paired with a strong motivation to deliver valuable solutions for business needs
- Enjoying collaborating internationally and across cultural borders, willing to undertake international business travel
- Excellent writing and communication skills, considering varying levels of precision and matching the audience
- Fluent in English; German language skills are seen as a plus
What we offer
- the opportunity to shape the “Energiewende”,
- the chance to shape E.ON’s future,
- exciting business challenges to be solved,
- a space to develop ideas and create personal impact,
- an agile and hands-on environment.
Therefore, if you…
- want to work on complex and innovative projects,
- aspire to take the next step and inspire others with your ideas,
- grow on major challenges and just get started when others give up,
…you will be our perfect match!
- flexible working hours,
- regular trainings,
- competitive salary,
- pension scheme,
- good development possibility,
- discretionary bonus scheme
At a glance
Reference no: 63450 Contract term: Permanent Working hours: Full time
Get in touch
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
E.ON Business Services
E.ON Digital Technology (EDT) manages and implements with around 1,700 employees the E.ON Group's group-wide digital transformation of E.ON SE, an internationally active private energy company that focuses on energy networks, customer solutions and renewable energies. EDT provides the technological platforms to support the international business activities of the entire E.ON Group. EDT is headquartered in Hanover, Germany.
Being aware about the enormous responsibility we have for our customers, our assets and the environment, in the E.ON Advanced Analytics and Data Lab we're analyzing and developing solutions, utilizing advanced big data technology to provide the best service, improve the efficiency and make things smarter, better and cleaner. Therefore, we're looking for an experienced data scientist, understanding to make data as a core value for todays and future business by delivering advanced data analytical insights.